Tuesday 26 March 2013

Radish Love "Radish Chippies"


So. 
I have always avoided radishes. Never liked them. (Especially how they repeat themselves afterwards)
I was challenged by a friend of mine to rethink them... especially because they are one thing you can plant SUPER early, and eat within 3-5 weeks from sowing. I was IN! (but cringed about actually eating them)

 Enter:  Radish "Chippies" -- my son came up with the name.

Materials Needed

I used about 2 cups of fresh ruby-red babies, and came up with a great way to learn to love (or continue to)

I used a pampered chef mandolin slicer to get them nice and thin... my setting was at "2" (but would have rather used the saladmaster one that Lisa VT has, but she wasn't home while my creative kitchen juices were going!)





How it all went down:
2 cups whole radishes
1 tbsp grape seed oil (or oil of choice)
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp dry oregano

Details:
In a large bowl toss the above ingredients together.
(like an Italian Mamma makin' some salad)

350 degree oven, in middle rack about 15 minutes, give them a turn, and put down on lower rack to brown.





On Tray - 350 oven. Middle rack. 15 minutes. The move to bottom rack for another 10-15 minutes.












The conversion in my heart happened here. I now love these babies!


No comments:

Post a Comment